1st Quarter 2021 Highlights:
- Revenues of $70.2 Billion Grew 9%, led by Balanced Growth at Optum and UnitedHealthcare
- Earnings from Operations Grew 35% to $6.7 Billion
- The first quarter medical care ratio of 80.9% compared to 81.0% in first quarter 2020
- Based upon initial 2021 business performance trends, the Company increased its full year net earnings outlook to $17.15 to $17.65 per share and adjusted earnings to$18.10 to $18.60 per share
- UnitedHealth Group served 145 million unique individuals across all businesses at March 31, 2021
Medicare Supplement lives in the 1st quarter 2021 decreased by 70,000 compared to end of the prior quarter. The UHC enrollment table below features Standardized and Modernized policy in-force counts of 4,390,000 as of 3/31/2021, a 50,000 decrease in the past 12 months.
This UHC enrollment table shows Medicare Advantage enrollment counts of 6,335,000 as of 3/31/2021, a 760,000 increase in the past year.
This combined UHC enrollment table shows Medicare Supplement and Medicare Advantage enrollment counts of 10,725,000, a 710,000 increase in the past year. The 710,000 enrollment increase in the past 12 months is a 7.1% increase over the combined enrollment counts at 1st quarter 2020.