CSG Actuarial has compiled key information from each organization’s publicly available financial information, focusing primarily on their Medicare segment results.
eHealth 2nd Quarter 2020 Highlights:
- Medicare segment revenues for the quarter grew 54% year-over-year to $80.4 million
- 30% of Medicare major medical applications submitted online, compared to 11% in 2nd Quarter 2019
- Medicare Approved members during the quarter increased 46% year-over-year
eHealth: Approved members consist of the number of individuals on submitted applications that were approved by the relevant insurance carrier for the identified product during the period presented. Approved members may not pay for their plan and become paying members.
GoHealth 2nd Quarter 2020 Highlights:
- Medicare – Internal and Medicare – External Segment revenues for the quarter grew 169% and 47% year-over-year, respectively, for combined Medicare revenues of $115.3 million during the quarter
- Medicare – Internal and Medicare – External Segment Approved Submissions increased 106.2% and 57.6% year-over-year, respectively
GoHealth: Medicare-Internal segment relates to sales of products and plans by GoHealth employed agents or through their online platform. Medicare-External segment relates to sales of products and plans under GoHealth’s carrier contracts using an independent, national network of agents or agencies not employed by GoHealth.
GoHealth: Approved Submissions consist of Submitted Policies approved by carriers for the identified product during the indicated period. Not all Approved Submissions will go in force, as some individuals we enroll may not ultimately pay their insurance premiums or my switch out of a policy within the disenrollment period.
SelectQuote 2nd Quarter 2020 Highlights:
- Senior Division Revenue for the quarter grew 160% year-over-year to $88 million
- For the full year ended June 30, 2020, Senior Division revenues grew 88% year-over-year to $361.7 million
- Approved Medicare Advantage policies grew 184% year-over-year
Note: SelectQuote’s Fiscal Year ends June 30. For purposes of this article, we are representing the 2nd Quarter as the three months ended June 30. SelectQuote’s public financial results reflect the three months ended June 30 as their 4th Quarter.
SelectQuote: Approved policies represent the number of submitted policies that were approved by our insurance carrier partners for the identified product during the indicated period. Not all approved policies will go in force.
Jason Yoo, Director of Market Research
Phone: 855-861-8776 x1035