It appears that there is some progress being made in Washington over the “Government Shutdown.” But for now, the shutdown continues and CSG Actuarial felt it was a good time to summarize how the shutdown is affecting Medicare. While Medicare as a whole has been largely unaffected, it appears people aging into Medicare may be affected.
The Good News:
- Healthcare will be available for Medicare recipients
- Veteran Affairs Hospitals will remain open
- Social Security recipients will continue to receive benefits
- Medicare Advantage enrollment will still begin October 15th
The Bad News:
- Potential delays processing Medicare and Social Security applications
- The Annual Influenza Program (flu shots through Medicare) is delayed
- Public health programs and services cancelled
- Government websites will not be updated
About CSG Actuarial
CSG Actuarial is a leading provider of actuarial and competitive information for supplemental products. CSG has more than 50 years of actuarial experience with pricing, product development and competitive intelligence within the Medicare Supplement, Critical Illness, Cancer, Final Expense, and Hospital Indemnity markets. Call 855-861-8776 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
Source: usa.gov & cms.gov